Q41 - 3M, other companies seek to transform R&D
Finance & Commerce, Finance & Commerce, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
June 28, 2011
Description: The Society of Concurrent Product Development, Inc. [SCPD] held its 10th Annual Conference at 3M's Tartan Park in Lake Elmo, Minnesota on June 28-29, 2011. The two day conference was on the subject of "Concurrent Innovation." Speakers and papers included:
- John Cronin (ipCapital Group, Inc.): Maximizing the Value of Your IP on Wall Street
- Mike Hess (Medtronic, VP): Innovation at Medtronic
- Frank Hull (Strategic Research, Inc.): Tangible Benefits of Concurrency in Industrial & High Tech Companies
- Don Reinertsen (Reinertsen and Associates): Combining Concurrency and Second Generation Lean Product Development
- John Horn (3M, VP, Industrial & Transportation Business): Collaboration and Innovation
- Brad Goldense (Goldense Group, Inc.): Concurrent Product Development: The First 30 Years 1988 - 2018
- Preston Smith (New Product Dynamics): Does it Pay to Develop Products Flexibly?
- Peter Fritz (3M): Moving Up the Value Stream - A Case Study in Concurrency.
Chris Newmarker, a reporter for Finance & Commerce, published a piece covering the highlights of SCPD's 10th Annual Conference. Bradford L. Goldense, SCPD's co-founder and a speaker at the conference, was quoted in the article on the subject of "concurrent practices" including concurrent engineering and concurrent product development.
Download this complimentary paper.
You may also be interested in purchasing educational materials from The Wisdom iStore.